Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) (ENS)

Home / Visas / Employer Sponsored Visas
/ Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) (ENS)

Employer Nomination Scheme Migration Agents for Adelaide Residents

Operating throughout Adelaide, our team of experienced visa migration agents can provide the advice and guidance you need to have the best possible chance of securing your ENS visa.

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) (ENS)

The ENS visa allows Australian employers to fill skilled positions with overseas workers on a permanent basis where they cannot fill the skilled vacancies from the Australian labour market.

There are 3 streams or pathways to obtaining the ENS visa:

  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRT) – for 457/TSS Visa applicants who have worked in the same position for the same sponsor for at least 3 years and are being offered a permanent position with the same sponsor.
  • Direct Entry Stream - for applicants who are applying directly for permanent residence from inside or outside Australia, or 482/457 visa holders who do not meet the TRT requirements.
  • Agreement Stream - for those applicants who are applying for permanent residence through a Labour Agreement.


Nominating business must demonstrate that they are;

  • Actively and lawfully operating in Australia and have genuine need for an employee in the occupation nominated;
  • Offering a position that is permanent, full-time and for at least two years;
  • Will pay the employee a 'market rate';
  • Nominate from the eligible list of occupations.
  • Have met appropriate training benchmarks.

Visa Application

Visa applicants must be under 45 years of age at the time of lodgment of the visa, unless they are exempt. Visa applicants must be under 45 years of age at the time of lodgment of the visa, unless they are exempt. Those people applying under Temporary Residence Transition must be also under 45 years. All parties to the application must meet mandatory health and character requirements.

Visa applicants must also satisfy the specific requirements provided under the relevant stream;

  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream – as a 482/457 visa holder worked for their employer for at least 3 years, have at least Competent English (or be exempt) , and hold any licensing if required;
  • Direct Entry Stream - a Skills Assessment in their nominated occupation and Competent English (or be exempt); or
  • Agreement Stream - must have the skills and qualifications as per the agreement.


Stay up to date with latest migration news.

Subscribe Now!