--- No Longer Applicable after 16 November 2019 ---
Engage an Experienced 187 Visa Migration Agent in Adelaide
Copson Migration Partners can help you prepare your application for a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme, otherwise known as a 187 visa. Operating across Adelaide, our migration agents are highly experienced and ready to take on your case.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) (RSMS)
The RSMS visa allows Australian employers in regional or low population areas of Australia to fill skilled positions with skilled overseas workers on a permanent basis where they cannot fill the skilled vacancies from the Australian labour market.
There are 3 streams or pathways to obtaining the RSMS visa:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRT) – for 457/TSS Visa applicants who have worked in the same position for the same sponsor for at least 3 years and are being offered a permanent position with the same sponsor.
- Direct Entry Stream - for applicants who are applying directly for permanent residence from inside or outside Australia, or 482 visa holders who do not meet the TRT requirements.
- Agreement Stream - for those applicants who are applying for permanent residence through a Labour Agreement.
- Nominating business must demonstrate that they are;
- Actively and lawfully operating in Australia and have genuine need for an employee in the occupation nominated;
- Offering a position that is permanent, full-time and for at least two years;
- Will pay the employee a 'market rate';
- Nominating a skilled position classified as ANZSCO Skill level 1-3;
- Have met appropriate training benchmarks
For the Direct Entry Stream only the sponsoring employer must also apply to the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) in their local area to demonstrate that there is a real need for the nominated position within their organization. The RCB will determine whether or not the position can be filled from the local market and whether it is a genuine position and will provide their advice to the Department of Immigration.
Visa applicants must be under 45 years of age at the time of lodgment of the visa, unless they are exempt. Those people applying under Temporary Residence Transition must be also under 45 years. All parties to the application must meet mandatory health and character requirements.
Visa applicants must also satisfy the specific requirements provided under the relevant stream
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream – as a 482 visa holder worked for their employer for at least 3 years, have at least Competent English (or be exempt), and hold any licensing if required;
- Direct Entry Stream – relevant qualifications and skills as per ANZSCO (unless they are a tradesperson where a skills assessment is required) and Competent English (or be exempt); or
- Agreement Stream - must have the skills and qualifications as per the agreement.
Stay up to date with latest migration news.