The Temporary Work (Short Stay) Activity visa is an offshore, short-term visa and available to persons who are travelling to Australia to engage in work or an activity or to participate in a apecific event.
Applicants must demonstrate that:
- The work or event is short-term and not ongoing;
- They need to be in Australia to do the work or participate in the activity;
- They have skills, qualification and experience for the relevant to the work or activity;
- They have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that can help Australian business and can't reasonably be found in Australia
- They are able to support themselves (and their dependents) financially while they are in Australia;
- They are supported by an organisation for which they will be working or which invited you to Australia;
- They will not be study a course leading to formal qualifications in Australia; and
- They meet all health and character requirements.
Visas are usually granted for stays of up to 3 months. That said if a strong business case can be presented this may be increased to 6 months.
Stay up to date with latest migration news.