We Provide Assistance to Migrants in Receiving Their 189 Visa
We Assist in Receiving the 189 Independent Skilled Visa
Copson Migration can assist those who are looking to receive their 189 skilled independent visa. As a team of registered migration agents who are ourselves migrants, we understand the process of achieving an Australian visa can be a difficult and lengthy one. Therefore, we work hard to assist you achieve your dream of receiving the 189 visa which will allow you to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis. We operate in Adelaide, the capital of South Australia, and have a detailed understanding of the visa process and each one of the visas available in South Australia.
What Does the 189 Visa Entail?
The skilled independent visa is available for people who are generally under the age of 45 years, have an impressive skillset, a firm grasp of the English language and can make an immediate contribution to the Australian community. Once attained, the 189 visa provides permanent residency for the recipient and gives them unrestricted work rights within the country. The 189 skilled independent visa requires an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs. There are a number of criteria that also must be met, this includes:
- Age: The applicant must be under the age of 45 to apply.
- English Language: The applicant must have a firm grasp of the English language. This falls under the category of Competent English or above (minimum of 6 in IELTS or holder of approved passports).
- Qualifications: You need to have post-secondary school qualifications. This includes trades or university qualifications. You must also be positively assessed by skills assessing authority for your nominated occupation.
- Nominated Occupation: For the application, you must be nominated for the position you are skilled in, and this position must be on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List ( MLTSSL).
- SkillSelect: Each applicant needs to go through the SkillSelect system which entails providing an Expression of Interest and then receiving an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs to make your application.
- You currently need to achieve at least 65 points to receive an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs.
Contact Us for Further Information
We can assist you with the documentation and paperwork associated with receiving nomination from the government as well as securing your visa. Contact us on +61 (0) 8 8155 6062 and we can discuss any further questions you have regarding our consultation service for this particular visa.
Stay up to date with latest migration news.