Partner Visa

Home / Visas / Partner Visa

Speak to a Registered Partner Visa/De Facto Visa Migration Agent in Adelaide

If you don’t feel confident preparing your application for a partner visa or de facto visa, or if you believe your case is more complex than usual, our team can help you. Based in Adelaide, our migration agents are highly experienced in all categories, including family visas, using their knowledge and expertise to help clients submit strong applications. Our goal is to make the process as smooth and hassle-free as possible for you.

Partner Visa/De Facto Visa

Under the Partner Visa Stream an applicant must be sponsored by their Australian spouse, de facto or same-sex partner who must be either an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, aged over 18 years.

Partner applicants must be sponsored by their partner in Australia. If the Australian partner is under 18 years of age, they can be sponsored by their partner's parent or guardian.

General requirements include:

Applicants must be aged over 18 years of age and your relationship with your partner must be genuine and continuing.

Married and de facto couples must live together and show a mutual commitment to a shared life together.

Couples who are engaged must have a genuine intention to marry and live together as spouses.

Applicants are expected to demonstrate the nature of their relationship by providing a range of documentation and usually by attending an interview.

Your Australian partner must agree to sponsor you and provide a legal undertaking to support you during your first two years in Australia.

The Partner visas can be lodged either offshore or onshore. It is a two-stage visa in the same application where a temporary visa is granted first then after a qualifying period a permanent one is granted.

If you are looking to come to Australia with a view to marry your Australian fiancé within 9 months of the visa grant then you may be able to apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa.

After marriage, a Partner visa can then be applied for.


Stay up to date with latest migration news.

Subscribe Now!